Become a Trained Peer Moderator
You may have reached a place in your caregiving journey in which you are interested in “giving back.”
If you are interested in sharing the benefit of your experiences—and have time to support your fellow caregivers—the MVCN Online Community may offer a perfect way for you to share, support and connect with other military and veteran caregivers as an Online Peer Moderator.
As a Peer Moderator, you will receive the training necessary to guide your caregiver peers in our online discussion groups, topics, chats and webinars. Gaining these skills—and the experience of helping others— will allow you to offer valuable contributions to others and to enrich your life through meaningful connections.
Qualities of our Peer Moderators:
- Are you hopeful, respectful, open minded and empathic?
- Are you consistently practicing self-care?
- Are you comfortable with technology?
- Can you use your journey to relate to other people?
- Can you keep the focus of conversation on others, not on you?
- Can you respect privacy and confidentiality?
- Can you encourage people to make their own decisions?
- Can you encourage the best in people?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you are a great candidate for Peer Moderator. You can help provide caregivers with a safe place to share, to validate their emotions and experience and to learn new information and skills.
Steps to Become a MVCN Peer Moderator:
- Join the MVCN Online Community.
- Complete the MVCN Peer Moderator Application online.
- Complete the self-paced training module and questionnaire online.
- Complete the Peer Moderator Training, online or in person.
Once you complete the Peer Moderator Application, MVCN staff will contact you regarding next steps to become a Peer Moderator for our Online Community.