Become a Peer Facilitator
You may have reached a place in your caregiving journey in which you are interested in “giving back.”
The MVCN’s Online & Community-Based Peer Support Groups may offer the perfect ways for you to connect, share and support other military and veteran caregivers as a volunteer Peer Facilitator.
As a Peer Facilitator, you will receive training that provides knowledge and skills to guide your caregiver peers as they become a cohesive, supportive team. These skills and helping others will be valuable contributions to your peers and will enrich your life with meaningful connections.
Qualities of our Peer Facilitators:
- Are you hopeful, respectful, open minded and empathic?
- Are you consistently practicing self-care?
- Can you use your journey to relate to other people?
- Can you keep the focus of conversation on others, not on you?
- Can you respect privacy and confidentiality?
- Can you encourage people to make their own decisions?
- Can you encourage the best in people?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you are a great candidate to be a group facilitator. You can help provide caregivers with a safe place to share, to validate their emotions and experiences and to learn new information and skills.
Steps to Become an MVCN Peer Facilitator:
- Become a member of the Military & Veteran Caregiver Network.
- Login to the Online Community to access and complete the MVCN Peer Facilitator Application online.
- Complete the self-paced training module and questionnaire online.
- Complete the Peer Facilitator training, online or in person.
After you complete the Peer Moderator Application, MVCN program staff will contact you with information on the next steps to becoming a Peer Facilitator for our Online & Community-Based Peer Support Groups for military and veteran caregivers just like you.